Mr. Weiss was admitted to practice in 1968 and practices in the areas of:
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury, Wrongful Death & Civil Litigation
- Medical and other Professional Malpractice
- Civil Rights Litigation
In his criminal law practice, Mr. Weiss has represented clients in all Arizona Courts, the United States District Court for the District of Arizona, as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Weiss, a former Deputy Pima County Attorney, has represented clients charged with a wide array of major felony crimes, including first-degree murder.
Mr. Weiss has been a Martindale-Hubbell, AV rated preeminent lawyer since 1986.
- 1968, The University of Arizona, J.D.
- 1965, The University of Arizona, B.A.
- Pennsylvania State University
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Claims Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- Steve Weiss was a recipient of the prestigious Bob Hooker (2016) and Tom Karas (2017) Criminal Justice Awards
- Recipient, Trial Lawyer of the Year Award, Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Southwest Super Lawyers and Tucson’s Best Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubell AV Preeminent since 1986 rating [highest Peer rating]
- Contributing Author: “Family Violence, Conflict and Sexual Abuse”, Shepard’s, McGraw-Hill
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Law, Pretrial Litigation, James E. Rogers College of Law, The University of Arizona (2002-2005), and frequent presenter
- Judge Pro Tempore, Pima County Superior Court (1981 – 2001)
- Deputy County Attorney, Pima County, Arizona (1970-1973)
- Staff Attorney, Papago Legal Services, Sells, Arizona (1968-1970)